Ons huis – Our house

Nederlands

Als het goed is… kunnen we eerdaags een nieuw huis laten bouwen 😀

Onze verzekeraar heeft ons huis weer laten inspecteren, dit gebeurde vlak nadat we terug waren gekomen van de vakantie. Aan de hand van die beoordeling, zouden ze besluiten of we konden repareren, of opnieuw laten bouwen. Zo’n 6 weken later (voor hun doen is dat vrij snel), kwam de conclusie: reparatie. Hmmm, niet helemaal waar we op hoopten. Een nieuw huis zat al in onze lange-termijn planning, dus waarom repareren als we het over zo’n 15 jaar toch weer plat laten gooien? Dus wij naar de verzekeraar voor een gesprek. De conclusie: ja, we kunnen het huis opnieuw laten bouwen, mits we toestemming krijgen van onze bank om onze hypotheek af te betalen met het geld dat we van de verzekeraar krijgen. Vraag je je toch af waarom de bank daar problemen mee zou hebben, maar goed. We kregen de toestemming, en vervolgens wachten op reactie van de verzekeraar. En wachten… En wachten… En wachten… Vorige week werden we gebeld. Zowel de verzekeraar als de EQC komen nu dus WEER naar ons huis kijken om te zien of beide rapporten wel kloppen. Stelletje bureaucraten! Ze komen vrijdag.

English

If all goes well… we can get a new house built reasonably soon 😀

Our insurer had our house checked again, this happened just after we came back from our holiday. Based on the results of that investigation, they were going to decide between repair and rebuild. About 6 weeks later (which is quite fast for them), the decision was made: repair. Hmmm, not quite what we hoped for. Our long-term plans always included a new house, so why do the repair if we’re going to knock it down anyway in about 15 years’ time? So off we went to the insurer for a face-to-face talk. The result: yes, we can rebuild, if we can get permission from our bank to pay off our mortgage with the money that our insurance company is going to give us. Makes you wonder why the bank would have any problems with that, but anyway. We got permission, and then we had to wait for a reaction from the insurer. And we waited… And we waited… And we waited… Last week we got a call. Both the insurer and the EQC are coming to check our house AGAIN to see if both reports were the same. Bunch of bureaucrats! They’re coming on Friday.

Advertisements

1 Comment (+add yours?)

  1. bookdragonette
    Sep 07, 2012 @ 02:37:31

    Toi toi toi! (I’d say ‘Break a leg’, but with both your healths being the way they are, that’s not a good idea. ;))

    Reply

Let us know what you think :-)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: